Montreal, Laval. 2012
- You no longer tolerate the nuisances caused by air and water infiltration that seem to come from the outline of doors and windows?
- Do you think a professional infrared thermography inspection is becoming necessary?
For your comfort and health, have the sources of air and water infiltration detected in order to remedy them as quickly as possible.
The professional experience of Elite Calfing combined with the information provided by infrared thermography provides greater efficiency in detecting weak spots that cause air and water infiltration.
What is infrared thermography?
What does the infrared camera do during a building inspection?
The infrared camera can help, without having to open the walls, to detect:
- Air infiltration and exfiltration
- Water infiltration
- The failures of the insulation of the walls and thermos windows
- Moisture-infused materials
- The anomalies in the construction
- The presence ofinsects (nests of beps)and pests
Why ITC professional accreditation?
A professional infrared thermography inspection must be carried out by a thermograph trained and accredited by an accredited training organization such as the ITC (Infrared Training Center)
The accredited thermograph has the appropriate training and documentation, and is officially accredited as a qualified and competent professional to perform an inspection using infrared camera.
How much does an infrared thermography inspection cost?
- A minimum fee applies for infrared thermography inspections. They are affordable and accessible to all types of homes or buildings (residential, commercial and industrial)
- Rates are based on hourly rates. Fees include the duration and scope of inspections and the writing of reports with thermal imaging.
It should be noted that the acquisition of these specialized equipment and vocational training involve an investment of several thousand dollars.
Be foresighted and don’t wait for infiltration problems. A preventative inspection will prevent you from unpleasant surprises.
Keep in mind that air and water infiltrations are slowly and gradually created over the years.
It is the annual variations in climate that place the most stress on the various building materials that make up your building. They do not react jointly or in the same way. These temperature variations combined with changes in humidity cause cracks that give way to air and water infiltration.
It can take years for you to realize that your home is being infiltrated because it happens without your knowledge, and it stays inside the walls for a long time before you are actually noticeable.