The most common questions
- Why choose elite l’entreprise calfing?
- Is the business insured?
- Are caulkers insured or covered by CNESST?
- Do you have a licence with the RBQ?
- Can I have a cost estimate over the phone, and do you need to visit the premises in order to bid?
- Do we have to be present at the estimate?
- Do you provide written quotes?
- Why is it so important to do the caulking again?
- What are the potential savings in energy costs if we do the caulking again?
- When is it possible to do the caulking again?
- How do I know if it’s time to do the caulking again?
- We plan to have new windows installed in the next 2 to 3 years, but the current caulking needs to be redone. What to do?
- What type of sealant should be used?
- Can we choose the color of the new sealant?
- Can the color of the sealant change over time?
- Are there sealants that are better suited to certain climatic conditions?
- How can we pay for the caulking work?
- Do I have to give a deposit at the signing of the contract? If so, when?
- Do we need a permit and signage? If so, who is doing it?
- Should the work be done by employees with CCQ competency cards?
- Who can use the lifting equipment?
- Do I have to redo all the caulking joints at the same time?
- Are you repairing the masonry?
- Should mortar seals be sealed in the lightening of doors and windows?
- Do you repair elements of the roof?
Why prefer Elite Caulking?
- Our current rbQ (Quebec Building Authority) licence that includes a $10,000 surety (your protection in the event of a dispute)
- A 10-year RESECED GARANTIE for single-family RESIDENTIAL and 5 years for the COMMERCIAL sector (see our terms and conditions)
- $5,000,000 in liability insurance
- Our employees are covered by the CNESST (compulsory) and hold all the necessary accreditations for work at heights with specialized equipment such as pods.
- Our employees are registered with the CCQ (Quebec Construction Commission) (compulsory)
- We are a member of professional associations such as the ACQ (Quebec Construction Association)
- Our quality control thanks to our INFRAROUGE camera(thermography)
- We remove the old sealant (from 90% to 100% depending on the conditions of the current sealant)
- We remove dust with brushes and/or jets of compressed air
- We only use high-quality silicone sealants (Adseal from Adfast and Dow Corning CWS) and polyurethane(NP1 from Sonneborn and Dymeric from Tremco)
- We shape caulking joints with special tabs to accentuate the adhesion factor, smooth and even out their appearance.
Is our business insured?
Our caulking company maintains permanent liability insurance coverage of $5,000,000. We will be happy to send you a copy of our insurance certificate upon request.
Are employees insured or covered by CNESST?
At Elite Cauldration, all our employees, without exception, are registered and covered by CNESST. They all took the basic courses on occupational health and safety prevention and all participated in special training on the prevention of falls from heights.
Several employees also hold first aidtraining. Work with ladders is increasingly monitored and regulations require employees to be tied up with safety harnesses and to use lifting equipment (pods, lift platforms, etc.).
Working with contractors whose employees are not covered and who do not comply with the regulations exposes you to significant risks. Failure to comply with these regulations can result in the closure of a construction site and the imposition of heavy fines.
Do you have a licence in force with the Quebec Building Authority (RBQ)?
Elite Caulking holds a current specialized contractor license and, for your information, it must be renewed annually. You can check the status of our license at any time by visiting the RBQ website.
In order to maintain its licence, the contractor must comply with the rules established by the Building Authority and provide a deposit of several thousand dollars. The purpose of this deposit is to provide you with some recourse in the event of a dispute. Also, a contractor must hold a valid license if he wants to show up and promote his business (advertising, lettering of trucks, etc.).