The most common questions
- Why chooseelite calfing compagny?
- Is Elite Cauldration insured?
- Are employees insured or covered by the CSST?
- Do you have a licence in force with the Quebec Building Authority (RBQ)?
- Can I have a cost estimate over the phone, and do you need to visit the premises in order to bid?
- Do we have to be there when you come to bid?
- Do you provide written submissions?
- Why is it so important to do the caulking again?
- What are the potential savings in energy costs if we do the caulking again?
- When is it possible to do the caulking again?
- How do I know if it’s time to do the caulking again?
- We plan to have new windows installed in the next 2 to 3 years, but the current caulking needs to be redone. What to do?
- What type of sealant should be used?
- Can we choose the color of the new sealant?
- Can the color of the sealant change over time?
- Are there sealants that are better suited to certain climatic conditions?
- How can we pay for the caulking work?
- Do I have to give a deposit at the signing of the contract? If so, when?
- Do we need a permit and signage? If so, who is doing it?
- Should the work be done by employees with CCQ competency cards?
- Who can use the lifting equipment?
- Do I have to redo all the caulking joints at the same time?
- Are you repairing the masonry?
- Should mortar seals be sealed in the lightening of doors and windows?
- Do you repair elements of the roof?
Can I have a cost estimate over the phone?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to fairly assess caulking work without a site visit.
There are several factors that can influence costs:
- The configuration of the building,
- the state of degradation of the sealant to be removed,
- cleaning and preparing surfaces,
- The number of joints around the openings,
- Barriers to the accessibility of certain elements,
- compliance with health and safety laws for work at heights,
- hourly rates according to the class of the building in relation to the various collective agreements in force in the construction industry,
Because our bids are free, you can quickly get an assessment of the actual costs without any obligation on your part. Compared to legally incorporated companies, Elite Cauldration is very competitive.
Do we have to be there when you come to bid?
When all access is free (unseared fences, etc.), you do not have to be present at the time of submission except on rare occasions and in these particular cases, we will then arrange an appointment in advance.
By default, we will include all visible joints and detail the whole in linear feet.
We will even take photos that will be annotated to explain or clarify some aspects of the submission.
Finally, you will receive the detailed submission, additional information and annotated photos by email within 24 to 48 hours of our visit. Since there is no obligation on your part, we will be happy to meet with you later, if our proposal is right for you or if you have any questions.
Do you provide written submissions?
No project will be initiated without the proper approval of a written and fully detailed submission. Each of the elements to be caulked will be pre-listed for each of the facades and calculated in linear feet. We consider this method to be the most accurate and equitable.
This method is unsurprisingly for budget compliance and the fairest for planning work.