RenoVert tax credit extended until March 2019
The eligibility period for the RenoVert tax credit is extended to March 31, 2019 for all eligible work.
For more information about this reduction, visit the Revenue Quebec Tax New web page.
This refundable tax credit remains a temporary tax benefit to encourage individuals to carry out residential renovations that are recognized as eco-responsible (must have positive energy or environmental impacts).
The full conditions are in this document Budget1718_RenseignementsAdd
This temporary refundable tax credit is for you if you have eco-responsible renovations done. The work must be completed after March 17, 2016 and before April 1, 2017.
The maximum allowable amount is 20% of eligible expenses in excess of $2,500.
The Iso-Renov program provides a free thermal balance sheet of $300 and a framed incentive that gives them the opportunity to equip themselves with their budget.
The tax credit program: LogiRenov is over.
Well-caulked windows and good insulation save a lot of energy. And energy savings are good for the environment but it’s also good for your portfolio.
To carry out all this work and as part of an eco-responsible energy consumption,the state of Quebec is giving a boost to the renovation of housing. Prime Minister Philippe Couillardannounced on April 24, 2014, the new refundable tax credit for home renovation: the LogiRenovtax credit.
«This new tax credit confirms our government’s strong commitment to reviving Quebec’s economy. This is a first step in this direction and more will soon followconcluded Mr. Philippe Couillard.
- Who is this help for?
- How much am I entitled to?
- What work is involved?
A few answers…
Who is affected by this tax credit?
All owners or co-owners of a principal residence in Quebec can benefit from this assistance. The amount awarded can also be shared among the owners of a condominium if the work involves the entire building.
This assistance replaces or complements the EcoRenov tax credit (see below) and may in some cases be added to the Renoclimat (energy retrofit) program, administered by the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources. Supporting documents (submissions, quotes and invoices) must be kept to prove the date and compliance of the work at all times.
The porches, terraces, balconies, sheds, garden pavilions, spas or outdoor swimming pools are not eligible for the LogiRenov tax credit.
The conditions to be met
Renovation and insulation work must be carried out by a qualified professional in Quebec and the contract must be signed after April 24, 2014 and before July 1, 2015.
To qualify for this tax credit, the work must:
- Having a positive impact on the environment,
- Responding to a facility that meets current standards,
- Use non-polluting materials and certifications.
The LogiRenov tax credit does not exceed $2,500 per home and is equal to 20% of the portion of eligible expenses that exceeds $3,000.
List of eligible renovations
The facility must comply with the standards of the materials used and certifications such as Greenguard or EcoLo for example.
This list cites some examples of work eligible for the tax credit, but it is not exhaustive. The list can be found here on this link: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/fr/citoyen/credits/logirenov/liste-travaux-reconnus.aspx
- Outdoor insulation of the dwelling (roof, wall, foundation…)
- Waterproof and air-to-air waterproofing (foundation, wall, door, window…)
- Renovation of doors and windows or skylights
- Replacing the heating system…
A sequel to tax credits that have been subsidizing caulking since 2011
EcoRenov is the government tax credit program that is refundable to homeowners that underway eco-friendly renovations in their main residence or holiday cottage by a qualified companyin 2013-2014.
This program is therefore replaced by Logi Renov
All owners or co-owners of eligible homes (see below) at the time of the eco-responsible renovation expenses.
The owner or co-owner must:
- Be a resident of Quebec at the end of the year in order to apply the refundable tax credit for the same year;
- Signed a bid with a qualified contractor
Building company conditions
The contractor must meet the following conditions:
- Being a person or company with an establishment in Quebec;
- Not owning the home, cottage or condo, or the owner’s spouse
appropriate to the nature of the work.
To be eligible, the dwelling must be
- Be either a main residence ,house, condominium, accommodation in a duplex or triplex), or a year-round cottage normally occupied by the individual;
- Being located in Quebec;
- It was built before January
The renovation sites involved must have a positive energy or environmental impact and the techniques used to carry them out must comply with recognized eco-responsible standards. Work may include:
- Insulation of roof, exterior walls, foundations and exposed floors;
- Air and water waterproofing, including caulking
- Installing doors and windows;
- Installing or replacing heating, air conditioning,water heaters or ventilation systems;
- Installing stormwater or wastewater systems;
The full list of eligible jobs can be found on Revenue Quebec’s website.
Elite Caulking is proud to meet the requirements of the 2014 EcoRenov Tax Credit program.
The LOGIRÉNOV tax credit is another aid for big jobs
This tax credit is intended for individuals who own and do work after April 24, 2014 and before July 1, 2015.
- Maximum amount of $2,500,
- Must be 20% of an individual’s eligible portion of expenses that will exceed $3,000.
- The work valid for the EcoRenov tax credit is also validated under the LogiRenov credit (Devis signed after October 31, 2014)
The owner will be required to attach a return of information to his tax return using a form that will be available with the 2014 tax documentation.
For eco-responsible work carried out under the LogiRenov tax credit, the contractor responsible for the work must certify that the property meets these recognized standards.
To do so, it must complete and sign the Property Compliance Certificate form toeco-responsible standards (TP-1029. Er. A) and hand it over to his client.
For more information, please refer to the pages of the following logiRenov creditwebsite.
An info from your North Shore caulking company
The late EcoEnergie program
Since 2010 the eco-energy programme has been a success
The government confirmed the extension in 2013-14 of the Ecoenergy program for home renovation. The goal of the program is to encourage Canadians to do work on homes with an ecological impact, caulking is a logical part of it. Ottawa is therefore prepared to sign work participation cheques to owners who want to act for the environment.
The Conservatives’ campaign argument at the last election was that the program was actually guaranteed to be included in the federal budget. Indeed, the positive impact of the Ecoenergy program on greenhouse gas emissions is well established, which is why the recently appointed Minister of Natural Resources, Mr. J. Oliver, has mentioned the relaunch of a potential budget of $400 million. He also pointed out that this Canadian home renovation program is one of the most popular in the country (500,000 beneficiaries in recent years), and he hopes to subsidize 250,000 more this year. WHY CAN’T YOU!
The refundable tax credit for eco-responsible home renovations remains installed on a temporary basis to be confirmed each year.
For the public who have eco-responsible renovations done by a company qualified for their main residence or cottage under an agreement reached after October 7, 2013 and before November1, 2014.
With a maximum of $10,000 per eligible dwelling, this tax credit will represent 20% of the portion of eligible expenses that will exceed $2,500.
We had already seen that changing the caulking joints was profitable in the medium term, with the Ecoenergy subsidy is another good reason to invest in the waterproofing of your home because this work will induce a third saving: the one on your energy bills … not to mention your gesture for the environment…
Work eligible for Ecoenergy Grant
- Window Change/Doors/Light Well
- Heating systems
- Air conditioning systems
- Ventilation systems
- Domestic hot water equipment
- Waterproofing whose caulking
- Water conservation
What type of building?
Almost all properties are eligible:
- Single-family homes,
- Multi-family homes,
- Cottages in regions,
How to apply for the EcoEnergy Grant
The application is made as soon as possible, the form is different if you apply for a new home.
- To register You must register with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) you will get a number. It can also be obtained by phone at 1-800-O-Canada (1-800-622-6232).
- Evaluation before renovations:
- Hire a local NRCan-accredited service organization, which will send an energy efficiency expert to your home to assess your property before work, from the basement to the attic. This formality is not necessary if the property has already been assessed under this program since April 2007,
- Renovations and invoices or receipts:
- Shop for eligible materials and do or have the work done, keep your receipts for three years. The subsidy is proportional to the energy savings that could be achieved.
- Evaluation after renovations: Once the renovations have been completed, an evaluation is required on March 31, 2012. You will produce your invoices and receipts to the expert during the end-of-work inspection. (This proof of purchase must be dated after June 6, 2011)
- You will receive a cheque from the Government of Canada within 90 days of the post-renovation assessment. NRCan also transfers some data to additional incentive programs underway in the provinces and territories. In some cases, they are the ones who issue cheques according to their criteria and timing.
More on the EcoEnergy grant
The following document is the one published in 2013.
See also theenergy efficiency site
The Econologis program
The Econologis service is available across Canada. To find out where to register in your administrative region of Quebec call 1-866-266-0008
Quebec’s complementary programs since 2011
It is advis suitable to verify their renewal for 2012, the information is not guaranteed at the time of writing this article.